Thursday, August 17, 2017

Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes


 

It's Seize the Birthday time.  These next couple of weeks is Anything Goes.  Remember though, it must be a birthday card.

I was inspired by a card I saw [and didn't save] on Pinterest. I stenciled the background [ARTplorations Shutter Stencil], and used a Cheery Lynn Large Exotic Butterfly die for the cut out.  Added sequins and beads, puffy taped the top layer to the stenciled layer, and adhered all onto a card base.  I do adore the bright colors on this card.  I'm thinking my friend will love this one.

Your turn - just pop that birthday card into the Seize the Birthday gallery, and you will be good to go.
How easy is that?


Thanks for stopping by~

15 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Lovely!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Super fun card, Vicki.

Lisa Elton said...

I like the pattern you added to the shaker opening! This is fun Vicki!

Lindsey said...

Such a fun card! I generally think shaker cards are above my pay grade ;) but do appreciate seeing one well made by someone else. The pink adds a perfect pop of colour with the blue and green.

TaeEun said...

What a pretty butterfly shaker card!!! Love the hot pink sentiment and matching sequins!

Anonymous said...

Loving the bright colors myself too! Loving how you've combined the different colors for the butterfly and the sentiment, and then brought them together with the sequins. Great idea and fantastic execution!
xx Ashwini

Aileen said...

Mmmm mmm love it Vicki,, bright and breezy and summer perfect.

JoAnn said...

I love it and I am sure your friend will too. Love the bold colors in the butterfly cutout.

Nancy said...

I never make shaker cards and not sure why! I love this Vicki!

stampwithsandy said...

Love this, Vicki! The bright colors are awesome, and it's a shaker!!!

Sheila H said...

Your butterfly is fantastic

Barbara said...

I always love your bright and colorful cards, and then you make is a shaker card. Fabulous!

Patti said...

Fun shaker! in your signature spectacular bold color choices!!

Patti

Lucille K said...

Such a pretty and colorful shaker card, just love it :)

Glenda J said...

Cool shaker card - great colours!